Home › Forums › DRN NORTH WING CONSORTIUM › HOW DO YOU APPLY TO THE PIE FRAMEWORK TO YOUR BUSINESS? › Reply To: HOW DO YOU APPLY TO THE PIE FRAMEWORK TO YOUR BUSINESS?
For my organic farming business, I can describe my PIE as follows:
1. Potential. If I were to rate the potential of my business on a scale of 1 to 10, I would give it a score of 9. This score is based on the criteria that organic farming can be developed in Indonesia because there are abundant organic materials such as manure and compost, abundant water from irrigation and rain, and so on. Other criteria such as the market are also supportive because Indonesians are very fond of consuming agricultural products.
2. Importance. I give a score of 8 because organic agricultural products are very beneficial to human health. Currently, many staple foods are processed unhygienically and still contain chemicals.
3. Ease. I give a score of 5 because organic agricultural products have considerable opportunities and challenges. The biggest challenge is that people are accustomed to the food available in the market, even though it contains chemicals and is not very fresh. They still find it difficult to switch to and consistently consume food made from organic ingredients.
PIE framework bring me to the conclusion that my business has a good opportunity to develope. However people should be educated to gradually switch their habit to consume food from organic farm and gradually change their habit.

